Volunteers have been at the heart of Concord Regional VNA since our beginning. As a volunteer for our community-based organization, you are an essential part of our team. We provide you with the necessary support and training so that you will feel prepared and comfortable with the role that you select as a volunteer.
What Type of Training is Provided?
- History and Philosophy of Hospice
- Pain and Symptom Control
- Universal Precautions
- Communication & Family Dynamics
- Roles of Hospice Team Members
- Many Faces of Grief
- Bedside Vigil
- Community Visitation
What Can A Volunteer Assist With?
- Providing companionship to hospice patients
- Reading to hospice patients
- Holding a hand and lending a listening ear
- Running errands for hospice patients
- Cooking meals at the Hospice House
- Giving Reiki, Massage, or Therapeutic Touch
- Facilitating community education programs
- Connecting as a Veteran Volunteer with patients who are also veterans
- Assisting staff with office work (e.g. filings, mailings)
- Helping at a flu clinic
- Facilitating grief support groups