July 16, 2019
Concord Regional VNA Seeks Hospice and Veteran Volunteers
CONCORD, N.H. – Concord Regional VNA is seeking volunteers and Veteran volunteers to offer companionship and support to hospice patients. The next eight-week training session starts on Tuesday, September 10 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Concord Regional VNA, 30 Pillsbury Street in Concord.
Hospice volunteers assist with:
• Offering caregiver respite
• Reading to hospice patients
• Holding a hand and lending a listening ear
• Running errands for hospice patients
• Cooking meals at Hospice House
• Providing pet therapy, music therapy, and therapeutic arts
• Giving Reiki, Massage, or Therapeutic Touch
• Assisting staff with office work (e.g. filings, mailings)
• Facilitating grief support groups
In addition, we are looking to continue growing our We Honor Veterans Program by adding volunteers who connect with Veterans receiving hospice care in their homes, facilities, and at Hospice House. There is a specific need for volunteers and Veteran volunteers who can visit patients living in Boscawen, Franklin, Henniker, Hillsborough, Tilton, and Weare.
Veteran volunteers can be veterans, military family members, or someone interested in assisting Veterans at end of life.
Please call (603) 224-4093 or (800) 924-8620, ext. 2826 or e-mail email@example.com by Thursday, August 15 to learn more about volunteer opportunities.